Medieval Transylvania 3 Day Tour from Bucharest
Your 3 day small group tour begins when you discover three of the most astonishing historical cities in Transylvania: Sibiu - often called the most idyllic city in Romania...Sighisoara - host of the best-preserved medieval fortress in Europe (UNESCO Heritage List)...and Brasov - famous for its medieval Saxon walls and bastions, the towering Gothic-style Black Church and lively cafes. Learn about these cities’ tumultuous existence and secular traditions.
Then visit the largest fortified church in Transylvania in the village of Biertan and explore two breathtaking castles with very different styles: Bran Castle - more of a mountain citadel famous for the captivating myth of Dracula and Peles Castle - a fascinating jewel and summer residence of the Romanian Royal Family.
This is a great trip for anyone who loves sightseeing, nature and picturesque countryside.
The tour price includes two nights accommodations - in a double room with breakfast included - in 3-star hotels in Sibiu and Brasov.
Rates - including tax
Tour / Activity Details
4 Days Minimum Advance Booking Required. Single travelers must pay an additional 30 Euros to the guide on the first day of the tour to cover the additional cost of a single room. Minimum age is 7. Tour includes Bucharest hotel pick up. Rates are per person in US dollars. Please order online or call us in the USA at 212-852-4822 to order or for more information.
There is a $6.95 USD processing fee per order. This is a flat fee regardless of the number of tickets or tours purchased on an order. There is a service charge per ticket. This charge will be reflected on your summary before you checkout. The total shown at checkout includes any fuel surcharges, service charges and tax. There are no additional charges, unless otherwise specified.
Tour / Activity Policies
Cancellation Policy: There are no refunds. All sales are final.
Change Fee Policy: If changes are allowed on a tour or activity, a $20.00 per reservation change fee will be applied for any change to a reservation. Please note that some tours and activities do not allow any changes. Date changes can only be made only if we can confirm availability on the new date. While we cannot guarantee any changes can be made, all change requests must be submitted a minimum of 24 hours prior to the tour departure and must be handled on an individual basis through our Reservations Center.
Tour / Activity Description
COVID-19 Protocols Updates
All persons traveling to and from Romania are advised to check for possible restrictions before booking or going on a trip, as many countries have introduced travel restrictions in their attempt to limit and control the spread of COVID-19.
Currently in Romania, the wearing of face masks or coverings is required in all indoor and outdoor public spaces.
Single Travelers - Please Note
If you are a single traveler, you may order this tour - but you will be required to pay an additional 60 Euros to the guide on the first day of the tour to cover the additional costs for single rooms.
More Important Notes
- At least 2 people are required for this activity to take place. If the minimum number of people is not reached, you will be offered an alternative date or a full refund.
- Please note that the Clock Tower in Sighisoara and Biertan fortified church are closed on Mondays. You may wish to take this into consideration when booking, as both sites are visited on the second day of the trip.
- For Saturday or Sunday departures, the tour will be done in the reverse order because Peles Castle is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays in February and March. For the rest of the year, Peles Castle is closed only on Mondays.
- Roundtrip transport by private car or minibus with Bucharest hotel pick up
- English-speaking driver/guide
- Two nights accommodation with breakfast in 3-star hotels in Sibiu and Brasov
- Meals other than breakfasts on the second and third days
- Entrance fees
- Photo fees at some attractions
DAY 1: BUCHAREST - CURTEA DE ARGES - COZIA - SIBIU
Pickup from your hotel in Bucharest and depart to the Curtea de Arges monastery, built by the ruler of Wallachia Neagoe Basarab in 1514, representing an outstanding architectural monument of Romania. The tour continues with a brief visit at Cozia Monastery, built by one of the first rulers of Wallachia, Mircea cel Batran between 1386-1388, and rebuilt later by other rulers. Lunch (not included in tour price) will follow this visit in a traditional Romanian restaurant. In the afternoon, head to Sibiu, which was a German medieval citadel first documented in 1191 with the old name of Hermanstadt. You will enjoy a walking tour of the old town (the historical center of Sibiu). Overnight accommodations in Sibiu.
DAY 2: SIBIU - BIERTAN - SIGHISOARA - BRASOV
After breakfast (included in tour price), depart from Sibiu to the village of Biertan and visit of the largest fortified church in Transilvania, built between 1490 and 1524. Later, continue to the medieval citadel of Sighisoara, dating back to 1280 with the old German name of Schassburg, and the only medieval citadel in Europe still populated (UNESCO heritage). A walking tour of the citadel & visit in The Clock Tower (for an interesting panoramic view) will be followed by a lunch break (price of lunch not included in tour price). In the afternoon, the tour heads to Brasov, another medieval citadel, dating to 1235 with the old name Kronstadt and maybe the most important of all German medieval citadels in Transylvania). You will enjoy a walking tour in the old town (the historical center of Brasov). Overnight accommodations in Brasov.
DAY 3: BRASOV - BRAN - SINAIA - BUCHAREST
After breakfast (included in tour price), visit the Black Church, first built in 1383, the most important tourist attraction in Brasov. Later, head to Bran (Dracula's) Castle, with a visit followed by a traditional lunch (not included in tour price). After lunch, you will go to Sinaia, a beautiful mountain resort, to visit Peles Castle, built by the first king of Romania, Carol the 1st in an exquisite architectural style between 1875 and 1914, to be a summer residence for holidays. The last visit of the tour will be at Sinaia Monastery (The Old & The New) followed by driving back to Bucharest.
Additional Benefits Available
- 10% discount at best restaurants in Bucharest including famous locations as Hard Rock Cafe, Caru' cu bere, Hanu' lui Manuc, Pescarus
- 30% discount at Museum of Senses
- 15% discount at Kitsch Museum
4 Days Minimum Advance Booking Required. Minimum age is 7. Tour includes Bucharest hotel pick up. Rates are per person in US dollars. Please order online or call us in the USA at 212-852-4822 to order or for more information.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
- Comparative selection of tours and activities from the largest independent booking service.
- This web site provides a booking service for a variety of shows, tours, and activities and is not connected with or sponsored by any of the venues, teams, performers, events, or organizations unless this web site expressly indicates that it or Alcatraz Media Inc. is an official partner. All trademarks and photo copyrights are the property of their respective owners. Images on this website are for factual depiction only. This web site and Alcatraz Media Inc. may have no affiliation with persons or organizations where images appear.
- Choose from a Wide Variety of Tours & Activities: Compare All Available, and Make Your Choices
- We provide the ability for you to review a comparative selection of tours and activities. Click on the "Tours" button on the toolbar, and you can compare everything we offer in this area. The Reserve123 Network offers the largest independent booking service in the world with 10,000 tours and activities worldwide.